When meeting new people online or otherwise, you should always take steps to protect yourself. To help, we provide Online Dating Safety Tips we strongly encourage that you review and live by.
Included in these tips are the following:
- Advice for how to set boundaries and keep you and your family safe
- Information to help you avoid fraud, including online scams.
- Practical tips on guarding your privacy and anonymity until you feel comfortable.
- Precautions to take when meeting offline for the first time.
- Special considerations when arranging long-distance meetings.
In addition, we'd like to point out another great resource. Because of the threat, online scams pose, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission has released its own suggestions for how users of online dating sites can protect themselves. We strongly recommend reviewing this information here. If you believe you have encountered someone using our site for inappropriate purposes, please use our Report a Concern link to report that member.